Mounting to non-prusa 3D printers

Homepage Forums SimplyColor3D + Retractable purge mechanism Forum Mounting to non-prusa 3D printers

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  BigBrain3D 1 day, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

KEmery79
    Participant

As for the ‘bear frame prusa upgrade’ it looks like it will mount the exact same as the standard i3 MK printers. The purge mounts to the top of the Z bearing and that doesn’t seem to change on the bear. Is that correct?
    You will need to remove the washers on the z motor as per the attached. The purge mechanism gets really close to those screws already when the Z is at 0.

The z bearing holder is different to the original prusa ones it looks like this

Thanks Kerry

BigBrain3D
    Keymaster

As for the ‘bear frame prusa upgrade’ it looks like it will mount the exact same as the standard i3 MK printers. The purge mounts to the top of the Z bearing and that doesn’t seem to change on the bear. Is that correct?
    You will need to remove the washers on the z motor as per the attached. The purge mechanism gets really close to those screws already when the Z is at 0.

The z bearing holder is different to the original prusa ones it looks like this

Thanks Kerry

That may stick out too far. It’s difficult to tell from the image alone. Do you have a 3D model of it?

• This reply was modified 3 days, 4 hours ago by  BigBrain3D.

Mike
    Participant

My corexy alpha setup (with servo)

BigBrain3D
    Keymaster

Very nice !

Mike
    Participant

I dont have enough space for the full tool, and dont have any ideas how to make back-forth part works in 40mm instead of 80

BigBrain3D
    Keymaster

I dont have enough space for the full tool, and dont have any ideas how to make back-forth part works in 40mm instead of 80

Please provide more details so we can help solve the issue. Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.