Mounting to non-prusa 3D printers

Homepage Forums SimplyColor3D + Retractable purge mechanism Forum Mounting to non-prusa 3D printers

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  BigBrain3D 1 day, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

BigBrain3D
    Keymaster

Let’s collaborate and get more mounts designed for the retractable purge mechanism.

KEmery79
    Participant

That would be great if someone can make a mount for the bear frame prusa upgrade

Thank you in advance

christophe magrant
    Participant

Hi, my printers are all delta, DAGOMA NEVA ( here : https://dagoma.fr/boutique/produit/imprimantes-3d/imprimante-3d-neva-magis.html#block-technical-features)

do you think you will be able to design something for it..??

BigBrain3D
    Keymaster

I was trying to reply to this post and realized that the forum didn’t allow attachments. That is now fixed. You can add attachments up to 5MB in size from the ‘Attachements’ section below

BigBrain3D
    Keymaster

For the ‘DAGOMA NEVA’ it looks like the best place to mount will be from the top down. Something like the attached. You will loose a little Z height though. A bigger issue is that the bar is longer than the XY of the printer so you would need to make it in multiple pieces.

Do you have a 3D model of the printer? That will be a good place to start for all of these is with a STEP file or any other 3D model of your printers. GrabCad is a good place to start.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  BigBrain3D.
    Attachments:

BigBrain3D
    Keymaster

As for the ‘bear frame prusa upgrade’ it looks like it will mount the exact same as the standard i3 MK printers. The purge mounts to the top of the Z bearing and that doesn’t seem to change on the bear. Is that correct?
    You will need to remove the washers on the z motor as per the attached. The purge mechanism gets really close to those screws already when the Z is at 0.

Attachments:

andraisr
    Participant

Here is a very basic mount for the purge mechanism that will work for a Geetech A10, A10M, A20M printers, mabye even the Ender printer line. Not very pretty but it fits and is functional. Hopefully someone can add some bling to it.

andraisr
    Participant

Really, you will not allow STL files?

BigBrain3D
    Keymaster

Please be patient with us. The forum has default settings right now. We’ll look into the file upload type.

BigBrain3D
    Keymaster

The forum now supports drag and drop uploading of all 3D printing and 3D modelling related files.

Mike
    Participant

any ideas for corexy setup with upper plate ?

BigBrain3D
    Keymaster

CoreXY won’t in itself change anything. The specific printer geometry is the important factor. Do you have a 3D model for the system?

Jim
    Participant

Can you try to upload the file again? I think it is possible to upload files now.
    I’m looking for a CR10 wich is the same frame as an Ender 3.

keithywhites
    Participant

I have an anet converted am8. Would be great to have an option for that.

BigBrain3D
    Keymaster

I have an anet converted am8. Would be great to have an option for that.

Is your 3D printer like either of these?

https://grabcad.com/library/anet-8-3d-printer-1

https://grabcad.com/library/3d-printer-machine-impressora-3d-anet-a6-1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.